Do you want Guidance on How to install a WordPress Theme on your Website? You are at the right place where you can get good guidance on WordPress Theme installation. As a Beginner, you probably have heard about thousands of free and paid WordPress themes. You are at the starting stage so, you have to try out a few WordPress themes on your site until you find the perfect theme that meets your needs.
In this WordPress Tutorial, we have provided the best and possible ways to install a WordPress Theme on your site. Read the complete article and learn how to install a Best WordPress Theme on your website.
How to Install a WordPress Theme?
There are thousands of free and paid themes are available for WordPress. If you are Installing a WordPress theme, then it will change your website old looks and functions. So, before switching from an existing WordPress theme, you have to keep a backup file. Here we have provided different ways to install WordPress Theme. Take a look at it and learn how to install WordPress Theme on website.
Install WordPress Theme using Admin Theme Search
If you are looking to install a free theme on your WordPress Website from the WordPress.org themes, then follow this easiest method.
- Login to your WordPress Admin area.
- Next, click on Themes option under Appearance section.
- Now, click on the button Add New available at the top of themes page.
- A new screen appears with various options like Featured WordPress Themes, Latest WordPress themes, Popular WordPress themes, search for a specific theme, or search for WordPress themes with specific features.
- Based on your search, you will see a list of themes or a single WordPress theme which met your criteria.
- When you find the theme which you want to install on your site, simply move your mouse on top of that WordPress theme.
- Now, it will reveal the preview button, install button and details button.
- Once check the preview and click on the install button.
- Now, WordPress will install your theme and displays a success message along with the activate link.
- Next, click on the activate link.
- Finally, the WordPress Theme is successfully installed on your website.
Depending on the WordPress theme you installed, it may add additional settings that you have to configure through the WordPress theme customizer or using a separate options panel.
Installing a Theme using Upload Method from WordPress Admin
The first method is easy to install free WordPress Themes that are available in the WordPress.org themes directory. But, if you want to install a premium WordPress Theme from companies like StudioPress, ThemeLab, iThemes, etc. then you have to follow this method. This is the easiest way to install Commercial Premium Themes.
- First, you have to download the .zip file of the WordPress theme that you have purchased from a commercial theme provider or a marketplace.
- Next, Login to your WordPress admin area.
- Click on Appearance option from Themes section.
- Next, click on the button Add New available at the top of the screen.
- A new page will appear on the screen with various options.
- Now, click on the Upload Theme button.
- Choose the WordPress Theme zip file that you have downloaded.
- Next, click on Install Now button.
- After your WordPress theme is installed, a success message with the activate link and preview link appears on the screen.
- Next, click on the activate link.
- Now, you have successfully installed and activated your theme.
Depending on the WordPress theme, you may add additional settings options that you need to configure either through the separate options panel or through the theme customizer.
Install WordPress Theme through FTP
Installing a WordPress Theme through FTP access is one of the Theme installation methods, but it is not recommended for the beginners. This method is little bit difficult when compared to other installation methods. If you are a regular WordPress user, then you can follow this method to install a WordPress Theme.
- First, download the .zip file of the WordPress theme that you want to install on your site.
- Next, extract the zip file.
- Access your WordPress website through FTP.
- Navigate to /wp-content/themes folder.
- Now, upload the downloaded WordPress Theme extracted files.
- Next, login to your WordPress admin area.
- Click on the Themes option from Appearance section.
- Now, you can see the theme you uploaded on your site.
- Move your mouse on the top of the WordPress Theme you uploaded.
- Next, click on the Activate Button.
- Finally, your WordPress Theme is successfully installed on your site.
Installing a WordPress Theme through cPanel
Installing WordPress Theme using cPanel is also one of the difficult methods of theme installation. So, we are not recommending this installation process for WordPress Beginners. If you are an experienced WordPress user then you can follow this method for installing a WordPress Theme.
- Download the WordPress theme .zip file that you want to install on your site.
- Access your WordPress website through cPanel.
- Click on File Manager icon.
- Next, click on public_html.
- Go to /wp-content/themes folder.
- Upload the downloaded WordPress Theme zip file.
- Next, select the uploaded zip file and click on extract button.
- Login to your WordPress admin area.
- Click on the Appearance option.
- Next, click on the Themes option.
- Now, the theme that you uploaded will appear on the screen.
- Move your mouse on the top of that WordPress Theme.
- Click on the Activate Button.
- Now, the Theme is successfully installed on your site.
We hope this article helped you to learn how to install a WordPress Theme on your site. If you have any queries regarding the installation once again check our WordPress Tutorials. You can also download Responsive WordPress Themes from our site.