If you want to update URLs of your WordPress Website after moving then you have to read this article. Updating URLs manually for each post or page is one of the difficult tasks. It takes your valuable time. Here, we have provided the steps to updating URLs when moving WordPress site easily. Follow those instructions and Update old URLs of your WordPress site to new URLs.
Updating URLs when Moving a WordPress Website
If you moved your WordPress site to a new domain name, then you have to change the address of WordPress and site URL by visiting settings page in WordPress.This does not change the website URLs that you have added on your pages and posts previously. It also does not change the URLs of pictures you have added to your WordPress site.
This does not change the website URLs that you have added on your pages and posts previously. It does not change the Image URLs you have added to your website. Changing all these website URLs manually is time-consuming, and there is a chance that you can miss some URLs of your website.
So, here we have provided the guide on how to update URLs when moving your WordPress site easily and quickly.
Update URLs of WordPress Website After Moving – Step by Step Process
- First, you need to keep a complete backup of your WordPress website. This will give you a chance to revert back easily in case something went wrong during the process of update.
- Next, you have to install and activate a Velvet Blues Update URLs plugin.
- After activation, you have to visit Tools.
- Click on Update URLs page.
- Here, you have to provide the old URLs and new URLs of your WordPress website.
- Next, you need to select where you want for updating URLs.
- In this way, you can update Website URLs in your WordPress site posts and WordPress pages, image attachments, excerpts, custom fields, etc.
- So, select each item and then click on Update URLs Now button.
- The Velvet Blues Update URLs plugin will find and replace all instances of your site old URL with your new URL.
- Now, you have to visit your WordPress website to see all your WordPress site URLs are updated or not.
We hope this article helped you for updating URLs of your old WordPress website to New WordPress website. If you don’t know how to install Velvet Blues Updating URLs plugin on WordPress, then you can refer our article on how to install a WordPress Plugin. There we have provided the step by step process for installing a Plugin on WordPress.
If you get any errors while installing refer our guide and resolve your WordPress Errors. You can also comment us to solve your WordPress problem. We will respond quickly to your comments.