Do you want to remove NoFollow from WordPress Comments? Disabling NoFollow from Comments is not an easy task for WordPress Beginners. So, here we have provided the Simple methods to disable NoFollow from WordPress Comments. Follow those methods and remove NoFollow from Comments on your WordPress website.
Remove NoFollow From WordPress Comments
There are two types of links such as NoFollow and DoFollow in the WordPress. By default, WordPress automatically adds a Nofollow tag link in the comments. This means we have instructed to the search engines not to follow these links and index them. WordPress websites are easily targeted by hackers and spammers to obtain valid backlinks. The NoFollow attribute discourages this practice. This is the main reason for WordPress adding NoFollow attribute.
But, adding Nofollow to all comments did not get rid of WordPress comment spam altogether. The NoFollow attribute discouraged some WordPress bloggers and readers from commenting. Because of this reason some of the WordPress website owners want to disable Nofollow to encourage more comments.
Disabling NoFollow will increase the number of comments, but the comment spam is also increased. So, the WordPress users are using plugins to control spam to stave off undesirable comments.
How to Disable NoFollow Attribute From WordPress Comments?
There are many ways to Remove NoFollow From WordPress Comments. Here we have provided 2 simple methods for you to disable NoFollow Attribute. Follow one of those methods and Remove NoFollow from Comments in your WordPress website.
Removing NoFollow using Plugin
Disabling NoFollow Attribute using WordPress Plugin is one of the easiest ways for the WordPress Beginners. The WordPress Plugin Remove Nofollow is the preferable one when compared to others. This Remove Nofollow Plugin is easy to install and setup. Here we have provided complete step by step process for you to install and setup Remove Nofollow plugin. Follow those steps and Remove NoFollow From WordPress Comments.
How to install Remove Nofollow WordPress Plugin?
There are various ways to install a plugin for WordPress. Here we have provided the easiest way of installing a WordPress Plugin by using WordPress Plugin Search. So, follow this method for installation.
- Login to your WordPress admin area.
- Click on Plugins option.
- Nest, click on the Add New option.
- Enter Remove Nofollow in the search Plugin field.
- Now, the Remove Nofollow WordPress plugin appears on the screen.
- Next, click on the Install Now Button on that Remove Nofollow Plugin.
- Remove Nofollow is now installed on your WordPress site.
- Next, click on the Activate button.
- Now, Remove Nofollow WordPress Plugin is installed and activated successfully.
How to Setup Remove Nofollow Plugin for removing NoFollow From WordPress Comments?
- Login to your WordPress admin area.
- Click on Remove Nofollow option from Settings section.
- Now, the Remove Nofollow WordPress plugin allows you to remove Nofollow from entire WordPress comments or from comment author’s link. So, put check mark based on your choice.
- Click on update options button to save changes.
- Now, test your WordPress website to inspect element tool on WordPress comment. In this simple way, you can easily Remove NoFollow From WordPress Comments.
Removing NoFollow using Code
You can disable Nofollow from WordPress Comments using Code. Follow the given step by step process for removing Nofollow from comments easily.
- Login to your WordPress Admin area.
- Click on Editor option from Appearance Section.
- Next, select function.php file.
- Now, the function.php file will be opened.
- Copy the given code and paste it in the function.php file.
- Next, click on the update file button.
- Now, test your WordPress website to inspect element tool on WordPress comment.
These are 2 easy ways to Remove NoFollow From WordPress Comments. If you want to Remove all Comments from WordPress then check out our WordPress Tutorials. Here we also provided the Best WordPress Backup Plugins for you.