- Show alert messages wherever necessary
- Prompts user for input
- Get confirmation from users by using confirm dialog
- Write/Change HTML tags on document
- Read HTML tags from document
- Print a web page
- Open or close browser windows
- Bind/Unbind user events
- Calculation areas on pages
- Dynamically changing background and text colors, or “buttons”.
- To look at the URL history and take action based on it.
- Dynamic forms that include built-in error checking
- It is used for setting and reading cookies, containing data related to a web site
- Cross-browser support
- Validating data on client side
- It is used for detecting browsers with their versions
- Create more sophisticated user interfaces
- Being client-side reduces the demand on the website server
- It can provide a great solution when validating input forms on the client’s side.
- It creates dynamic effects, such as scripted slideshows and rollover images