Not Sending Emails is a big issue faced by many WordPress users. If you are not getting emails for any WordPress notification from your WordPress site, it will make you feel insecure about your WordPress site. So, don’t worry about it. It is easy to fix ‘WordPress Emails Not Sending issue’. You are at the right place, where you can get the best solution to your WordPress server problem. Here we provide the simple methods to fix ‘WordPress Not Sending Emails issue’. Go through this article and solve your “WordPress Email Not Sending” problem easily and quickly.
How to Fix ‘WordPress Not Sending Emails’ Issue ?
If you are one of the WordPress Bloggers and looking for the solution to WordPress Email Not Sending Issue, then you have the necessity to read this article. In this article, we have provided the reasons and simple solutions for the WordPress Not Sending Email problem.
Why the WordPress Emails Not Sending Issue arise?
The main reason for the occurrence of Not Sending Emails Issue is misconfiguration of PHP mail() function in WordPress hosting server. If the PHP mail() function is not configured with Hosting Server of WordPress will arise the Email Not Sending Issue.
Many email service providers are using different types of tools to reduce email spam. These tools are another reason for the occurrence of WordPress Not Sending Emails Issues. Sometimes the emails are sent from the WordPress, but those are not reached to the destination. So, we recommend you to not use WordPress to send emails.
Resolve WordPress Emails Not Sending issue
Simple Mail Transfer Protocol (SMTP) is the industry standard for email sending. That’s why we recommend SMTP for you to send emails in WordPress. SMTP have high-level authentication and provides confidence on email deliverability. There are various SMTP services are available for the user connivance. In this article, we have provided 2 best SMTP services for WordPress email sending. By using these services, you can avoid WordPress Not Sending Emails Issue.
Gmail SMTP server is one of the best SMTP servers for sending emails in WordPress. You can use your regular Gmail account with this given method for sending emails. If you are using Google Apps for Work then your WordPress email deliverability will become much better. Follow the given method and send your WordPress emails easily. This process is same for paid and free Gmail address.
- Login to your WordPress admin area.
- Click on the Add New option from plugin tab.
- Enter Gmail SMTP in the search plugin field.
- Click on the install button from the Gmail SMTP plugin.
- After successful installation, click on the Activate button.
- Next, click on the WordPress Settings.
- Select Gmail SMTP plugin to configure.
- In the configuration page, you will see the setup instructions.
- Follow those instructions and setup Gmail SMTP plugin to your WordPress site.
- After successful configuration, you can get emails from your WordPress site.
Mailgun is also one of the most popular SMTP service providers for WordPress email sending. This can allow you to send large number of emails quickly with high deliverability. Actually, Mailgun is a paid service which can offer first 10,000 emails for free of cost every month. This is more than enough for a single website. Now, read the instructions to setup your WordPress site for using Mailgun to send WordPress emails.
- First, you need to signup on the Mailgun site.
- Next, you have to click on the button “Add your domain” which is available on the screen.
- Now, you have to add a sub-domain to your WordPress site’s domain name. For example, mail1.domainname.com.
How to create a new subdomain on your WordPress domain name?
- Login to your cPanel account.
- Now, click on the Subdomains icon.
- A new page with various options will display on the screen.
- In this page, you have to enter your subdomain name.
- Next, select your root domain name from the drop-down list.
- Now, click on the Create button.
- A new success message will appear on the screen as your subdomain has been created.
- After you add the subdomain name to your WordPress site’s domain name, Mailgun will display a few DNS records to you.
- Again, you need to go cPanel dashboard.
- Next, click on the icon Advanced DNS Zone Editor.
- Here, you have to select the domain name to which domain you want to change the DNS records.
- After you select root domain name, the options to add new DNS records are displayed on the screen.
How to add new DNS records?
- First, enter your subdomain name in the Name field.
- Select TXT as record type.
- Now, add 14400 in TTL field.
- Next, copy the value from the Mailgun domain verification settings page and paste it into TXT Data field.
- Repeat this process to add other TXT records.
- Visit cPanel again and click on the MX Entry icon.
- In the MX Entry page, you need to scroll down the page.
- Add a New Record section is available here. Now, you need to add a new record here.
How to Add a New Record?
- Enter priority and destination values in this Add a New Record section.
- Next, click on the add a new MX Entry button.
- After this successful adding of your domain to Mailgun, the Mailgun SMTP server verifies your Domain name has a proper DNS record or not.
- This verification takes some time because of the DNS records update.
- Now, you need to check your domain verification status.
How to check the status of your domain verification?
- Visit Domain page in your Mailgun account.
- After DNS changes verification done, you will see the active status of your domain name in this Mailgun page.
- If your Domain name verification status is active then you have to setup your WordPress website to send WordPress emails by using Mailgun.
- Now, you need to install and activate Mailgun for WordPress Plugin to your WordPress.
How to install and activate Mailgun for WordPress plugin?
- First, you need to click on the plugin option from your WordPress admin area.
- Next, select add new from the plugin.
- Enter Mailgun for WordPress in the search plugin field.
- Click on the install button from the Mailgun for WordPress plugin.
- After completion of installation, click on the activate button.
- Now, the Mailgun for WordPress plugin is installed and activated on your WordPress site.
- After successful installation, click on the setting from your WordPress admin area.
- Next, click on the Mailgun option.
- Now, the Mailgun Settings page displayed on your WordPress admin area.
- The default settings of Mailgun is set to HTTP API for sending emails. Sometimes the HTTP API doesn’t work on your WordPress site, so we recommend you to change it to SMTP.
- In this Mailgun Settings page, you need to enter MailGun API keys. For that, you need to know What is the MailGun API key of your WordPress website.
How to know MailGun API keys?
- First, Login to your Mailgun dashboard.
- Next, click on your domain name.
- The SMTP credentials and API keys are shown here.
- After you get API keys from the Mailgun dashboard, you need to copy those MailGun API keys.
- Paste those keys into the Mailgun Settings page.
- Next, click on the save changes button.
- After changes completed in the settings, click on the test configuration button.
- Now, the Mailgun will test your Mailgun settings and display a success message.
By following these process, you can successfully setup your WordPress website to send WordPress emails using Mailgun.
We hope this WordPress article will come in handy when you encounter this WordPress Not Sending Emails issue. These given solutions are the simple ways to fix WordPress Not Sending Emails Issue. By following the above methods, you can send WordPress emails quickly and easily. Keep visiting our site for getting simple solutions for your WordPress problems.