Are you getting Fatal error: Class WP_Post_Type not found appear error on your WordPress site? Don’t panic, you are not the first one who got this error. This is one of the common errors in WordPress.
Fixing of Fatal error: ‘WP_Post_Type’ not found error is not a difficult task. Here we provide the simple methods to fix this WordPress Fatal Error on your site. Have a look at the article and fix your WordPress “WP_Post_Type not found error” easily.
Fix Fatal error: Class WP_Post_Type not found Error
Every WordPress user wants to update their WordPress for getting more advanced features. With these advanced features, your WordPress site can look nice and grabs the attention from the users. If your WordPress update fail then you may receive WordPress “Fatal error: Class WP_Post_Type not found” error.
To get out from this WordPress error, you have to read the complete article. Here we provide the complete details regarding the Fatal error: ‘WP_Post_Type’ not found and resolving process also.
What is Fatal error: Class ‘WP Post Type’ not found Error?
Sometimes after your WordPress update completed, you may receive WordPress “Fatal error: Class WP_Post_Type not found” and you are unable to access your WordPress site. This Fatal error message occurrence is called as “Class ‘WP Post Type’ not found Error”.
Why WordPress Error “Fatal error: WP_Post_Type not found” occurs?
Failed WordPress update is the reason for the occurrence of WordPress “Fatal error: Class WP_Post_Type not found” Error. When the manual update or auto update of WordPress failed then, this fatal error will arise.
How to Resolve “Fatal error: Class WP Post Type” Error in WordPress?
To fix this ‘Fatal error: Class WP_Post_Type’ not found error, you have to update your WordPress manually. Updating WordPress version manually is not an easy task for the WordPress beginner. Don’t worry about it. The step by step procedure for manual WordPress update is provided here. Have a look at it.
Process to Update WordPress Manually through FTP
- First of all, you have to download the latest version of WordPress zip file.
- Unzip the downloaded WordPress file.
- Now, Access your WordPress site through FTP.
- Next, keep a backup file of your WordPress.
- Rename the wp-admin and wp-includes directories to wp-admin.back and wp-includes.back.
- Now, upload new wp-admin and wp-includes folders to your root directory.
- Next, upload new wp-content files to existing wp-content folder. Be careful when overwriting the files. Do not delete any other files in the wp-content folder.
- Upload a new version of the rest of files to your root directory.
- Next, delete the .maintenance file from your WordPress directory.
- Now, Login to your WordPress admin area.
- Navigate to this http://domain.com/wordpress/wp-admin/upgrade.php link.
- When your caching enabled, you have to clear that cache data to see the changes.
- Finally, your WordPress site can work properly without any Fatal Error.
Procedure to Update WordPress Manually through cPanel
- First, you have to download the latest version of WordPress zip file.
- Unzip the downloaded WordPress file.
- Next, delete the ‘wp-content’ folder from the extracted file.
- After wp-content folder deleted, you have to zip the WordPress file.
- Now, Login to your cPanel account.
- Open File Manager from the File section.
- Now, a new page will display on the screen.
- Click on the Upload icon from the top of the page.
- A new window will display on the screen.
- Next, click on the browse button.
- Select the WordPress zipped file.
- After the upload completed, you have to close the Upload files tab.
- Next, open the file manager window.
- Click on the Reload button.
- Now, search for the uploaded WordPress zip file.
- Select the uploaded WordPress zip file and click on the extract icon.
- A popup window will display on the screen.
- Next, click on the Extract File(s) button.
- Now, the extracted folder appears on the Screen.
- Open the extracted WordPress folder.
- Now, click on the select all button from the extracted folder.
- Next, click on the move file icon.
- A new move window will display on the screen.
- The current path is available at the bottom of the window.
- Delete the folder name from the displayed path. Once you delete the folder name, your files will be moved to the public_html root directory.
- Click on the Move File(s) Button.
- Next, click on the Up One Level button.
- Now, the new version WordPress files are moved successfully to the root directory. Moving the files to your root directory will automatically replace the existing WordPress version files.
- Now, the WordPress is upgraded.
- Next, select the uploaded WordPress zip file and extracted WordPress file.
- Click on the Delete icon from the top of the window.
- A new Delete window will appear on the screen.
- Click on the Delete File(s) button from that window.
- After the files deleted, you can Logout from your cPanel account.
- Now, you have to Login to your WordPress admin area.
- After you Login, a database update required message will appear on the Screen.
- Click on the Update WordPress Database button from that message.
- Next, click on “Continue” to proceed the WordPress update.
- Finally, your WordPress upgrade has been successfully completed. Now, your WordPress site can work properly without any WordPress fatal error.
These are the simple ways to fix Fatal error in WordPress. By following the above step by step process, you can manually update your WordPress version easily and quickly. If you do anything wrong in the process then you will lose your WordPress theme and plugins. So, Be careful while doing the procedure.
I think this article put one stop solution for your query. If you face any WordPress Server Error visit our site to get a simple solution.