Do you want to add Google AdSense to your WordPress blog or site? Google AdSense is one of the best ways to make money online from your site. Here we provided the complete details regarding Google AdSense. Take a look at the article and add Google Advertisement to your WordPress site easily.
Adding Google AdSense to WordPress Website
Google AdSense is an advertising network which provides an opportunity for the website owners and bloggers to earn money by showing text, video, image, and other interactive advertisements on their sites. These Google ads are targeted by website content and visitors.
Why Google AdSense?
Google AdSense is hassle-free because the WordPress user does not have to deal with advertisers or worry about collecting payment. The Google administers and maintains the relationship with the advertisers. They collect the payment, takes their share, and send remaining your share to you.
AdSense offers CPC ads (cost-per-click) which mean you can earn money from the user clicks on the ad on your site. The amount you receive per click changes based on various factors.
What is the best Ad Size in AdSense?
The placement of the add plays a key role, the best AdSense Ad sizes are 336×280 and 300×260. These AdSense Ads can fit on most screen sizes and have the high pay rate as well.
What is the Perfect AdSense Placement ?
The placement of AdSense depends on your layout. The goal of every website owner or blog is to get more clicks. So you have to place your ads in a more prominent spot. We recommend you that ads within the post content towards the top of the screen get most clicks. Don’t add AdSense in a floating widget because it is not allowed by Google TOS. If you violate the Google Terms of Service then you may be banned from the program.
What is RPM of Page?
RPM stands for Revenue per Mille which means revenue per 1000 impressions. To determine RPM, you have to multiply the total number of clicks and cost per click. Next, divide that by the total number of page views.
Can I click on my Google Ads?
Don’t do it. Google uses very smart algorithm and knows when you are clicking on your own ad. This will make you to banned from the program.
How to Add Google AdSense to WordPress ?
Adding Google AdSense to your WordPress is an easy task. But the WordPress Beginners does not know how to add AdSense to wordpress. So, here we provided the step by step process to add Google AdSense. Have a look at this and know how to put ads in WordPress.
How to Get Google Adsense code for WordPress ?
- First, you have to sign up for Google AdSense Account. If you have a Gmail Account, then you can use that account for AdSense.
- Now, you have to submit your Application.
- After 6 to 8 hours, you will receive an email which telling you whether you have passed the review process first step or not.
- If you passed the first step of review process, then you can login to your AdSense account and take your Ad code.
- Now, click on My Ads tab.
- Click on the New ad unit button.
- This will create a new ad page. In that page, you have to select the Ad type, size and style.
- Here, you can name the Ad as SiteName Sidebar because this Ad name is only used for internal purpose.
- Next, you have to choose the Ad Size. Google offers a wide-variety of Ad sizes, the sizes are listed under recommended are the most popular advertisers. The recommended ad size means these ads are likely to have a higher inventory and have a better payout.
- The Next option is to choose Ad type. We recommend you to choose both Text & display ads. If the Google cannot find an appropriate advertise then you can choose a blank space or fill it with your own ad.
- Next, you have to select Custom Channels feature. This will allow you to track the ad performance based on websites. If you don’t want to use it then, you don’t select it.
- The AD style allows you for controlling the display of your text based on ad units. We recommend you to choose the best color using your website color scheme for a better result.
- After you make changes on this page, just click on the Save and get code button.
- Now, you will be redirected to another page with a message “Ad successfully created” and the Ad code is also displayed here.
- Now, copy that Google Ad code and paste it into a Notepad. Because it is required for the further steps.
Add Google AdSense in WordPress
First, you need to determine where you want to display the ad on your WordPress site. Mostly, ads are shown in the sidebar. If you want to add Google AdSense in your sidebar, then use WordPress widgets.
- Click on Appearance option.
- Go to Widgets.
- Next, drag and drop the Text widget to the appropriate area.
- Paste you Google AdSense code here. Now, you have successfully added Google AdSense on your WordPress site.
Hope this article helped you to know how to put ads in wordpress. If you face any WordPress Problem, don’t worry about it. Just visit our site and get better guidance on WordPress.