Since the Android operating system was first released, millions of apps have been created that make people’s daily tasks easier and businesses more productive. Such a bewildering range of options makes choosing the right ones for your Android device no small task. To help you get started, here we’ll discuss ten of the best Android apps for business users.
Backing up and storing mission critical files and data is a requirement to ensure business continuity in the event of inadvertent data loss. Google Drive is a cloud-based app that allows you to store files and documents in one location so they can be accessed from anywhere and shared with others.
Google Drive allows you to upload files directly from your Android device as well as access multimedia, files, and documents you have already stored in your account. The app also allows others to share files with you and vice versa, with the capability create and edit documents for collaboration on Google Drive instead of enduring the hassle of email attachments.
Additionally, if there is a specific document editing application you use such as Microsoft Office, you can still edit documents on the go and then export them to another format later on if necessary. Google Drive also integrates well with Google Docs, Sheets, and Slides, with the capability to print files on the go with Google Cloud Print.
- Convenient uploading directly from your Android device.
- The capability to manage files on the go.
- File syncing capability for phone, work PC, and home PC.
- The ability to make files available offline to enable access without an Internet connection.
- No Spell Check, Select All, or Word Count feature.
- Scrolling through spreadsheets can be tricky.
- User interface requires a slight learning curve.
Google Drive is available free of charge and can be downloaded by clicking here.
TripIt is a convenient app for business professionals that spend a lot of time on the go. Constantly managing printouts and organizing your itinerary can consume a lot of precious time. However, by using TripIt you can easily organize business trip plans as well as upload your schedule to share with others.
TripIt also provides you with weather updates, access to maps, detailed directions to a wide variety of locations, and the ability to forward confirmation emails for hotel accommodations, airline reservations, car rentals, and restaurant reservations to [email protected] If your business has access to Google Apps, the email confirmations are automatically forwarded via Gmail.
TripIt allows you to access business itineraries from any device or location and sync trip plans using Microsoft Outlook or Google Calendar. If you upgrade to TripIt Pro, you get access to real-time flight alerts, refund notifications, flight finder, and more.
- User friendly interface and flexible with edits and changes.
- Convenient when traveling as a group to keep everyone on track.
- Easy to import flight and hotel bookings.
- Easy search feature prevents you from wasting time digging through emails.
- App tends to be tough on battery life.
- Unable to use the app when working offline.
- App does not display travel dates when sharing on social media.
The basic version of TripIt is available for free with the option to upgrade to TripIt Pro for $49 annually. You can download TripIt by clicking here.
Evernote is a user friendly app for Android and iOS that provides you with reminders across every device you have in use. The app allows you to take notes, create “to do” lists capture images, and record voice reminders. The intuitive search feature provides an easy way to search for specific notes, as well as search the text inside of images.
Evernote also works with Evernote Business to capture, search, and share Business Notebooks and Business Notes from an Android tablet or smartphone. Plus, you can sync all notes across every device you use to prevent your notes from being scattered across multiple locations.
Evernote fully integrates with other apps installed on an Android device and allows you to share notes with colleagues using Twitter and Facebook. Additionally, you can email notes and save important business Tweets in your Evernote account. Evernote also contains premium features that allow you to collaborate and perform edits with other users, work with notebooks offline, and add a secure PIN code to the Evernote app.
- Versatility allows you to research faster by taking photos of research materials, whiteboards, and more.
- Reduces paper clutter with the capability to snap photos of business cards, bills, receipts, labels, itineraries, documents, and more.
- Broad range of features help you save time and stay organized.
- Automatic backup for notes, images, and data.
- Depending upon the device, the app can lag in performance.
- App does not support swiping motions that allow you to scroll through your notes.
- The Help section can be complex and difficult to navigate.
Evernote is available free of charge with an optional Premium Edition available for $45 annually. Evernote can be downloaded by clicking here.
SignEasy is an app that allows you to easily fill out and sign documents on the go using your finger. The app supports other programs to allow users to easily import documents from the Internet, email clients, Google Drive, Dropbox, and many others so you can easily complete them in the SignEasy app.
SignEasy allows you to sign any document in three easy steps which are Import, Sign, and Send. Documents can be signed using your finger or a stylus pen. Then you simply send the document using your email client or save it back to one of your storage apps such as Evernote or Dropbox.
SignEasy supports a broad range of document formats such as Word, PDF, Plain Text, Excel, image formats, HTML, and much more. You can also customize the ink colors and font styles as well as set international date formats.
- User friendly and easy to learn.
- All-in-one functionality as opposed to using several apps to fill out and sign a document.
- Signatures are clear and do not look like you used your finger.
- App does not open secure PDF files.
- Text inserts tend to shift when you insert them.
SignEasy is available at no cost for the first three documents. After that, you can purchase up to three document credits for $1.99 or opt to pay the annual subscription of $19.99. SignEasy can be downloaded by clicking here.
Dropbox is an app that allows you to store multimedia, files, and documents on the desktop across multiple devices. When you save files in Dropbox, the app will automatically save the files to all of your devices and the Dropbox website.
Dropbox allows you to add a special folder to your PC Desktop that allows you to save files to that folder for use with Dropbox. The sync capability of Dropbox will update the folder across all the computers that have Dropbox software installed. This process is performed automatically every time you save a new file to the Dropbox folder.
When you want to share a file with another person, simply open the Dropbox folder, right click on the file, and then enter the email address for the recipient that you want to view the file. When the recipient receives your message, they are invited to download the Dropbox software so they can read your file. From that point on, every time you update your Dropbox folder the updates will be reflected in the recipient’s Dropbox folder.
- Dropbox contains a feature that allows you to manage sharing settings to restrict access to certain areas.
- The notifications feed provides you with fast access to recent activity when sharing with another user.
- Dropbox for Business provides additional security features for keeping your company’s information safe.
- Lacks an option for choosing when you want to automate uploads.
- Tends to lag in performance when uploading large files.
Dropbox is available in a free version that provides up to 2GB of storage and up to 16GB when you refer another user to Dropbox. You also have the option to upgrade to Dropbox Pro which starts at $9.99 per month for up to 100GB of storage. Additionally, there is a business version with plans that start at 1TB of storage for up to 5 users. All versions of Dropbox are available for download by clicking here.
If your business operates multiple Facebook pages, the Facebook Pages Manager app helps you stay connected to followers and makes activity management for multiple pages easier and faster. The app provides an all-in-one location where you can perform updates and easily respond to comments using one app.
Facebook Pages Manager also provides a way to quickly respond to private messages, activate push notifications, share links from other apps, view your latest Page Insights, manage tags for improved connections, upload videos, and much more. You can also control user access to your pages as well as comments by simply tapping on the comment. Facebook Page Manager also integrates with other apps to allow you to choose content from non-Facebook apps for use in your posts.
- Intuitive search function allows you to search for pages to Like.
- Includes the capability to use hashtags in your posts. You can also view hashtag feeds by tapping on the hashtags.
- Offers the capability to sync and organize Likes.
- App updates sometimes do not coordinate with updated Facebook functions.
- Inability to tag photos.
The Facebook Pages Manager app is available for download by clicking here.
QuickBooks GoPayment is a mobile credit card processing app created by QuickBooks Merchant Services. If you conduct business on the go or in the field, Go Payments allows you to easily accept credit card payments using your Android device regardless of your location. Once the payment is processed, the Go Payments app allows you to easily send the transaction receipt via text message or email.
The Go Payment app works in conjunction with the QuickBooks credit card reader that attaches to your Android device. The app also allows you to record check and cash transactions to help you stay organized. The convenient sign feature allows your customers to easily sign for the transaction using their finger. All transactions are encrypted with the ability to add up to 50 users to your account to allow business staff to accept credit card transactions.
Go Payments also integrates with QuickBooks to save time managing finances. The credit card reader is offered for free when you establish an account with QuickBooks GoPayment.
- Reduced costs when compared to a conventional merchant’s account.
- Quick deposits in your bank account.
- Convenient use for restaurant businesses, traveling vendors, and more.
- If the card reader fails to work, a fee is incurred for manually entering the credit card number and required data.
- Incapable of processing electronic check transactions.
The Go Payment app is free and then you have two options: 1) You can opt to pay a monthly fee of $12.95 with rates of 1.75% per swipe or, 2) You can use the pay as you go option with no monthly fee and transaction rates of 2.75% per swipe. The Go Payment app is available for download by clicking here.
PrinterShare is an app that allows you to print files and documents from anywhere using your Android device. The app is designed to support a wide variety of printers and provides a way to easily print a variety of documents and images from an Android device to a printer in the same room or a printer on the other side of the globe. Print options can be configured for paper size, number of copies, one or two-sided printing, page orientation, print resolution, and much more.
The free version of PrinterShare allows you to use Google Cloud Print at no extra cost, as well as print up to 20 pages in Remote mode using an Internet connection. Additionally, you can print out a free test page to ensure that the printer is supported before you print to the device. If you require unlimited printing, it is necessary to purchase the PrinterShare Premium Key.
- App provides the capability to print to any location around the globe.
- User friendly interface provides for fast and straightforward printing.
- Compatible with a wide variety of printers.
- App requires you to purchase a printer driver.
- Setup for printing from Google Cloud requires a learning curve.
PrinterShare is available as a free app with the option to purchase the PrinterShare Premium Key for $4.95 to access unlimited printing and additional features. PrinterShare can be downloading by clicking here.
These are some of the best Android apps for business users. If you research the topic online, you will find a host of other cool apps that make business tasks easier and more productive.