You should begin writing your blog as soon as you can. Your blog can be up and running in a period of less than one hour. Some of the famous blogs that you know of followed the same process that you are about to read here in order for them to create blogs that have huge following and client base. Some of these blogs are New York Times, the Today, and TIME magazine. No one had a clue on where to start, but they all began and they are where they are today since they never gave up irrespective of the pressure faced. Learn from the pains that the successful blogs.
- Domain and hosting: Ensure that your domain is registered. Blue host does the registration of your domain in a very easy way and even the Word Press page. The monthly pay that you will pay to Blue host is roughly $3, and this works for almost everyone that uses this site. You will have the live chat platform that enables you to sort out any challenge that you might be having.
- Theme:Choose a good theme for your blog page and ensure that is enticing enough for your readers. Make sure that the design of your blog is designed in the way you want it to be.A proper design gives your readers the impression that you are serious and it makes it easier for your readers to browse through the site. Moreover, if you choose to acquire a theme, let it not be expensive for you. Just use little money to buy a theme if you have to. If your site is children oriented, have a theme that is interesting enough to children.
- Adjust the blog that you have: Once you develop the theme, hosting, Word Press, and domain develop your theme so that you may feel wanted by the people who read your blog.
- Plug-ins:Do not overuse plug-ins in your site. Use only the enough plug-ins that will ensure that your site can be accessed easily by the visitors to your site. The visitors to your site should not have a hectic time accessing your site. The process of setting up a plug-in should not be hectic otherwise you will be frustrated and leave the site before giving your site the publicity that you need.
- Ensure that your content is compelling enough: The content that you develop should not be the norm of everyone. You should ensure that the content you develop is done in a professional way that will pull your audience to your site. Let them confess that your site has the content that they need. It should not be a layman’s site; it should be a professional site that is admirable by everyone who visits the site regardless of age. Your site should be compelling enough in such a manner that even kids can be glued to the screen to read your blogs.
Comparison of major blogging sites you can use to get started
You have a great way of connecting to the rest of the world through the act of blogging. It does not matter the reason for which you blog. You could blog for fun, to connect with others at a personal level or even to educate others. Blogging will help you top interact with some of the best brains that you will never meet in person. You will see them make comments on your blog and help you improve on the content of your blog. Such is the advantage of blogging that was not there before. If you are a beginner, you need to be very cautious as you choose the site with which you are going to be blogging from. You also need to establish whether you are coming into the blogging world as a business person or just to have fun. Those who look forward to make money have the sites that they can visit and make the most of the sites with maximum returns. The people who are out to blog for fun have some free sites that they can enroll in and do the stuff that they want without paying a dime. Blogging sites have been in existence since time immemorial.
The main sites of blogging have been having various trends of positivity and negativity more so when you consider on the level of skills that is exhibited in the sites of late.
The version of .org for the word press has several similar features as the compatriot site of .com. However, the .org site has additional features customized for the bloggers. This customization is vital for the bloggers who are into the business of taking over their blogs completely and leaving nothing to chance. The .org site will enable you install any customized plug-ins that you could want to install and this works well for your blog. However, this site requires that you establish your own web host so that you may be able to maintain your own routine backups.
This is an open source platform that lets you blog in a very easy manner. Using it is fun and easy. You have access to the preview of your script as you write which means that you can easily correct any mistakes as you write. This is an excellent platform to begin on, but the seasoned bloggers may also consider it since it has a very friendly interface as compared to the other services in blogging. The only challenge for this site is that it is not very easy to install for the first time. However, once you install it, you have a great platform for use.
Drupal is a great site for anyone in business since it offers a system where you can easily manage your business. This insinuates that you can create other online content and web pages within Drupal. You cannot host your blog here as a user since this platform does not support that. Moreover, Drupal is not very friendly for beginners. If you are upgrading blogger, you will find Drupal a great alternative.