In this article I will cover some common SEO mistakes in blogging.
What are the top 3-5 SEO areas where webmasters make the most mistakes?
Here are the 5 most common (not the most devastating) mistakes webmasters make:
- Not having a website or having a website that is not crawlable is the biggest mistake I see.
(not having a website is the common SEO mistake)
Making the site not crawlable does indeed happen quite a bit,
- Not including the right words on the page.
The example Matt gave is: don’t just write, “Mt. Everest Height” but write, “How high is Mt. Everest?” because that is how people search.
- Content is king– so ensure that you have compelling content and your marketing strategies. Don’t think about link building as your primary objective.
- Remember that the title and description of your most important pages is vital and needs to be based on your keyword for that page
- Not using webmaster resources and learning about how Google works and what SEO is about.
I recommend that you click the link “How Google Works” as it is very insightful!
Information derived from Anna Hoffman’s http://www.trafficgenerationcafe.com, an excellent resource.