How to install PhantomJS on Ubuntu
First, install or update to the latest system software.
sudo apt-get update sudo apt-get install build-essential chrpath libssl-dev libxft-dev
Install these packages needed by PhantomJS to work correctly.
sudo apt-get install libfreetype6 libfreetype6-dev sudo apt-get install libfontconfig1 libfontconfig1-dev
Get it from the PhantomJS website.
cd ~ export PHANTOM_JS="phantomjs-1.9.8-linux-x86_64" wget https://bitbucket.org/ariya/phantomjs/downloads/$PHANTOM_JS.tar.bz2 sudo tar xvjf $PHANTOM_JS.tar.bz2
Once downloaded, move Phantomjs folder to
/usr/local/share/ and create a symlink:
sudo mv $PHANTOM_JS /usr/local/share sudo ln -sf /usr/local/share/$PHANTOM_JS/bin/phantomjs /usr/local/bin
Now, It should have PhantomJS properly on your system.
How to install PhantomJS on Windows
- Navigate to http://phantomjs.org/download.html
- Under the Windows section, click on the download link zip file
- Right click on the downloaded phantomJs zip file to Extract All
- Copy all the contents located in phantomjs-X.X.X-windows
- On your drive, create a new directory structure C:\ \PhantomJs\bin\phantomjs
- Paste the contents on the extracted phantomjs-X.X.X-windows directory here:
- Copy the path of the phantomjs directory (C:\ \PhantomJs\bin\phantomjs)
- Right click on my computer and select Properties
- Select Advanced system settings
- Click on the Environment Variables.. button
- Under the System Variables section, find the Path variable
- Click on the Edit.. button
- At the end of the existing Path, add a semicolon (;) and then the path to
- Click OK
Cool! Now, according to the PhantomJs documentation, we should have all we need to get started since the binary is self-contained and has no external dependencies.
How to install PhantomJS on Mac
brew install phantomjs