In Greek mythology, Argus is a many-eyed giant, who was attributed as “all-seeing”. This led to him being described with multiple, often one hundred, eyes. Like Argus, this plugin will “see” as many RSS feed as you wish and use their content concomitantly, importing any amount of content to your website.
What Can You Do With This Plugin?
Argus RSS Feed Aggregator Plugin for WordPress is a breaking edge (made in 2017) RSS feed based news aggregator plugin that uses the SimplePie API to turn your website into a local hot news source, hence, a money making machine!
Main plugin features:
- Import any number of feed items from multiple RSS Feeds, display them in one or more shortcodes.
- Shortcode for displaying latest imported items, popular items (based on counting the clicks on links from shortcodes), display single or multiple feeds
- Incorporates feed auto-discovery to add feed sources without knowing the exact URL (not guaranteed to work for all sources).
- Display feed items via shortcodes.
- Automatically import items using wp_cron or cron.
- Control the stored posts (the plugin offers a menu for displaying/deleting imported items).
- Link the title and source name to the original source.
- Choose to hide or show the date and source of each feed item.
- Choose to display the original author’s name with each feed item.
- Style the shortcode’s feed item display with CSS.
- Import full description from RSS feeds.
- Import images from feed.
- Display categories from feed items.
- Keyword filtering – define ‘required words’ and ‘banned words’ for each shortcode
- Open YouTube, DailyMotion and Vimeo videos directly.
- Integrated with the Simplepie library that comes with WordPress (also it has the latest SimplePie embeded).
- Multilingual ready.
- Ability to adjust imported items date (from WordPress’s timezone settings)
Ads a custom widget, in which you can use the provided shortcodes, anywhere
Other plugin features:
- Limit feed items per feed source
- Using a custom database to store imported posts – also compatible with caching offered by WordPress to further increase load speed
- Supports all RSS feed types and also Atom feed type
- Set different update intervals for feeds
- Change the date display format
- Set all links as nofollow
- Define maximum word count for imported item title/description
- Automatic database cleanup (to delete older items)
- Ability to import images localy (on server) or to use them from remote location
- Resize imported images to custom size
- Custom shortcode creator to display predefined feeds
- Widget is fully responsive
- detailed plugin activity logging
Testing this plugin
- You can test the plugin’s functionality using the ‘Test Site Generator’. Here you can try the plugin’s full functionality. Note that the generated testing blog will be deleted automatically after 24 hours.
- PHP DOM -> how to install it (if you don’t have it, but probably you already have it): http://php.net/manual/en/dom.setup.php
- PHP 5.0 or higher
Version 1.0 Release Date 2017-12-21
First version released!
Version 1.0.1 Release Date 2017-12-28
Added some cool new features
Version 1.0.2 Release Date 2018-01-19
Version 1.0.3 Release Date 2018-01-25
Added a new textual shortcode to [argus-popular] shortcode: %%click_count%% - to show click count for each link
Version 1.0.4 Release Date 2018-02-19
Greatly increased page load performance in case of malfunctioning feeds
Version 1.0.5 Release Date 2018-04-12
Major performance fixes
Version 1.0.6 Release Date 2018-04-16
Fixed issue with top news widget
Are you already a customer?
If you already bought this and you have tried it out, please contact me in the item’s comment section and give me feedback, so I can make it a better WordPress plugin!
WordPress 4.9 Tested!
Through this plugin you are able to grab content from various websites that does not necessary belong to you or which are not under your control. If you grab copyrighted material without the author’s permission, the plugin’s developer does not assume any responsibility for your actions. Also, the plugin’s developer has no control over the nature, content and availability of those sites.